Saturday, July 19, 2014

Embrace the Mundane

 "I like to make the mundane fabulous whenever I can." ~ Rufus Wainwright
 
This past week was a departure from the mundane.  Events that were not pleasant for the most part, which made me realize how much I appreciate my normal, daily routine and how much I take it for granted.  We tend to go on autopilot through our days until something shakes up our routine -- sometimes for the better, sometimes not.  While it is good to shake things up, it also behooves us to be more aware of our daily routine, to embrace  and revel in how special "the mundane" really is.  When you think about it, the mundane really isn't mundane -- it is very special!

Today, I gave River a bath.  Normally, that can be a chore, but today I looked at it with new eyes.  It is truly amazing to be able to care for such an amazing creature, and for her to trust me to care for her.

Today, embrace the mundane, and as Rufus Wainwright says, make it fabulous.
 

River after her bath.


No comments:

Post a Comment