Sunday, December 14, 2014

The Season's Magic....




"Christmas waves a magic wand over this world, and behold, everything is softer and more beautiful." ~Norman Vincent Peale

Last night was the Christmas Party at the barn where I board River.  Even though it is Florida, the air was crisp and chilly, making the horses very energetic.  Christmas lights were hung everywhere.  There was good food, good friends, and the sounds of Christmas music.  I brought River up from the pasture to her stall.  She enjoyed everyone coming by and making over her.  As I walked back up to the barn in the dark after putting River back out in her pasture, I paused.  Standing on the path, I had a great view of all the Christmas lights.  I could hear the laughter,  the music, and the nearby sounds of the horses.  Looking up, it was a clear night with all the stars visible.  It was truly magical. Standing there, the beauty of the world truly filled me with awe and gratitude.  While the moment passed, the feeling has lingered.  I am going to strive to hold on to that feeling now and into the new year.

To you and yours, Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and Happy Holidays from River and me.  Wishing you magical moments!







No comments:

Post a Comment