Saturday, September 28, 2013

It's Better to Look Good AND Feel Good...

Remember comedian Billy Crystal's character, Fernando, who said, "It's better to look good than to feel good"?  Well, I reached the conclusion a long time ago that feeling good contributes to looking good -- I've never known a time when I felt bad that I looked good!  Though I still have a long ways to go to do everything that I should to feel good (e.g. eat more fruit, drink more water and less soda, get more sleep), thanks to having River I am much more physically active, which I believe has had a beneficial impact on my overall health.

River had a makeover this week, which makes her look "marvelous" but will also benefit her overall health -- she received a full body clip.  With the days getting shorter as we head into Fall in the northern hemisphere, the shorter light cycle triggers horses to start developing their winter coat.  For those horses who happen to be in Florida --where here in Central Florida the temperatures are still hovering during the day in the high 80's and low 90's -- that isn't ways a good thing.  And for River, who looks like a fuzzy teddy bear with her winter coat in, it can be very uncomfortable.  Combine the heavy coat with rain and sweat, makes for a lot of potential skin issues. So, River underwent a tremendous transformation yesterday, which makes her look great and also will keep her skin healthier, making for a healthier horse.

So what can you do to make you both feel better and look better?  It doesn't have to be as radical as a fully body clip to make a huge difference in your quality of life.





River - Before and After  (and the pile of hair as a result! -- Horse hair blanket anyone?)




No comments:

Post a Comment