Thursday, November 28, 2013

Count Your Blessings -- Every Day

Thanksgiving is a time that calls us to think about all that we are thankful for in our lives.  Counting down to Thanksgiving, I have seen a number of friends posting one thing each day for which they are thankful -- which I think is a very cool thing to do.

In this hurry up kind of world we live in these days, it is easy to get caught up in the business of living, bemoan the stress and everything that is wrong in our lives and in the world and forget that we have so much to be thankful for.  Counting our blessings is a way for us to put things in perspective -- something that we need to be doing daily and not just once a year.  I am guilty of that as well and so I am taking stock of my many blessings today and, on River's behalf, listing hers as well....

River's Gratitude List:

- All the hay I can eat
- Pasture-mates that all get along together and look out for each other
- Love and attention from the humans in my life (and there are lots of them) -- including my horse-loving friends, my farrier, and my vets
- Yummy horsey snacks
- Medicines to make my hooves better and to keep me healthy
-.....and did I mention food?

Maynette's Gratitude List:

- Good health
- Family, friends, and co-workers who I care for deeply and they for me
- Pets, both large and small
- A good job which engages my mind and contributes to a larger cause
- A Free Nation to live in where I can write a blog like this and express my views

Wishing each of you a gratitude filled day, not just today, but every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment