Monday, April 29, 2013

My "Equine Coach"

I have been referring to my equine partner through the last few posts just as "my horse" and it is time you get to know my "equine coach" a little better. as she is my partner and teacher through this journey. 

I am proud to introduce, River Angel, or River for short - a 13 year old Arabian/Quarter Horse.  A little more than pony size, she proves that good things can come in small packages.   I don't know River's total life history, and I wish she could talk and tell me about her early life.  She is quiet and relatively easy going, but can be fiery and stubborn when the mood strikes.  She is a pro -- it doesn't rattle her to be loaded into a horse trailer or to go to a horse show or to walk over a mattress. The only thing that I have found that she doesn't like are those nasty "horse-eating" palm fronds that might cross her path on a windy day in Florida.  In other words, she is an excellent teacher and mentor -- though I hope that I have managed to teach her a few things as well.  So in subsequent posts, you will no longer hear the term "my horse", but her name, River, and the things she is teaching me as we journey down the path together.

 
The author and River at a Horse Show.


No comments:

Post a Comment