Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Returning to where I started....horses.

Several years ago, a friend suggested that we both take horseback riding lessons.  We had ridden as children and in our younger adult days.  Her daughter was taking lessons and we decided to tag along.  Even though it had been 20+ years since I had been on a horse, I still remembered how to post the trot! I guess it is like learning how to ride a bike....you never forget.  Unfortunately, being that many years older, I walked kind of funny for the next week -- but I had caught the riding bug again.  Soon, I was so hooked that I actually leased a horse, and later ended up buying the horse. 

Fast forward about two years later, and my horse and the barn she boards at, are a big part of my life.  I spend my free time reading up about horses, horsekeeping, and horse behavior; or, I am at the barn tending to my horse or riding my horse.

So, how does this relate to Leadership?  Well, that's the next part of the story!

No comments:

Post a Comment